Wordpress is an incredibly popular web development platform that powers over 20 million websites. Here are ten reasons why we think you should use it to build your next website:
1. WordPress is built with SEO at the heart – WordPress is written using standard compliance high-quality code and produces semantic markup. In other words, it means Google loves WordPress and plugins like Yoast can further boost your rankings.
2. It’s fast – Slow websites are useless. WordPress knows this, so it has specific features and elements that you can take advantage of that will speed up your website. Free plugins allow you to easily take advantage of Gzip compression, advanced caching, and minifying CSS and JS files. All of which will speed up your site, increase conversion and improve SEO.
3. WordPress is safe and secure – WordPress is developed with security in mind, and it is considered to be a very safe and secure platform to run a website. When kept up to date and combined with a security plugin such as Wordfence, WordPress is one of the most secure platforms you can use.
4. It’s reliable – WordPress powers 30% of the websites on the internet making it the most popular CMS of them all for the 7th year in a row. Reliability is a key reason for the popularity and big-name sites like TED, TechCrunch, UPS, and CNN all use WordPress.
5. It can be used to build any kind of website – WordPress is often mistaken as a blogging platform but it’s not true. WordPress has a vast library of different themes to choose from so you can design and build exactly the website that’s right for your business. And if there is a particular task you need your website to perform, functionality can also be added via their huge library of free and paid for plugins.
6. It is easy to update your website with WordPress – WordPress comes with a built in admin area to allow you to update any content on your website without knowledge of HTML, CSS or any other code.
7. The themes are very well built – The most popular and most purchased WordPress theme on ThemeForest is called Avada. The theme costs $59 and it has sold over 200,000 copies which means to date it has generated over $12,000,000 in sales, and counting. There’s a reason why so many people pay for these themes.
8. WordPress is mobile friendly – More than 63% of your visitors are likely to visit your website through their smartphone so you cannot afford to ignore mobile traffic. WordPress websites are fast and reponsiveness.
9. It can be used to build any kind of website – WordPress is often mistaken as a blogging platform but it’s not true. WordPress has a vast library of different themes to choose from so you can design and build exactly the website that’s right for your business. And if there is a particular task you need your website to perform, functionality can also be added via their huge library of free and paid for plugins.
Need some WordPress Expertise?
Big App are a WordPress website design agency specialising in bespoke websites for start-ups & established businesses. We are specialists in WordPress CMS Website Design & Development.
We design and build bespoke WordPress websites that are easy to manage, optimised and search engine friendly. Our sole focus is building amazing websites using WordPress for our clients
Website Designer & Facebook Marketing Expert
Simon’s has been helping businesses like yours grow through effective website design and facebook marketing for more than a decade.
Looking to update your business website? Download our free, handy & printable checklist of the most important things to do before you launch.